The PESGB is pleased to announce that applications for Doctoral Scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year are now open.
- Aim: Tuition fee contribution for full-time and part-time students pursuing doctorates in philosophy of education or doctorates in education which involve a substantial amount of work in the philosophy of education, normally at UK universities.
- Size of award and eligible costs: Up to £5,000 in total for doctoral support in one year. Grants will be made on a yearly basis; students in receipt of a grant will be eligible to apply the following year for further support subject to receipt of a satisfactory report on the previous grant. Students who are likely to stay in the UK will be prioritised. No subsistence, fieldwork or equipment costs are eligible for support. Please note that awards start in October of the next academic year and do not apply retroactively.
- Eligibility: Grants are available to students whatever their stage of completion and whatever their status as full or part-time. Confirmation of status by the host institution is required.
- Frequency: Annually, subject to availability of funding.
- Applications accepted from: 5 November 2016
- Deadline for applications: 5 January 2017
- Results expected: End of March 2017
- Tuition fees covered from: October 2017
Details can be downloaded here.
Details of further funding available under the Large Grants Scheme will be posted here in due course.