Race and Ethnicity Committee
Current Members: Zara Bain, Oli Belas, Jack Bicker, Darren Chetty, Michael Merry, Naziya O’Reilly, Paul Standish
Established in November 2015, the aims of the committee are:
- To promote and support the study of philosophy of education addressed to questions of race and ethnicity.
- To recruit new members from racial and ethnic groups currently under-represented in the Society.
- To create a network for people with an interest in philosophy of education relating to race and ethnicity.
- Monitors and evaluates ongoing activities in the above areas and reports annually to the Executive Committee.
- Encourages, as necessary, members of the Society to help to facilitate projects initiated by the Race, Ethnicity and Philosophy of Education Committee.
- Liaises with other sub-committees of the Society, and in particular with the Development Committee, over projects in support of the above aims.
- Makes recommendations to the Executive Committee for financial support of activities in the above areas.